REGISTRATION FOR THE 2019 FAIR WILL OPEN ON JANUARY 12
APPLICATION PROCESS [printer friendly version]
- In order for the SFRSF Committee to consider your application the following three steps MUST be completed:
- The on-line application to participate must be submitted complete with project abstract/summary no later than 11:59 p.m., March 14, 2019. When your initial registration has been submitted successfully you will be provided with an ID number. Write it down. If the project is a partner project, both students must complete the application form together. (There is space for the partner’s information). Submit only ONE application per project.
- If your project involves animals or humans (including surveys) you must comply with the Ethics Policy of Youth Science Canada described in the Ethics Flow Chart. In particular, Form 4.1A, Form 4.1B, or 4.1C (if required) must be completed before the day of the Fair.
- Once all the fields are complete a parent/teacher consent form becomes available for download. This must be downloaded by EACH student from the online registration page and signed by the student, sponsoring teacher, and parent/guardian. For a partner-project, although there is only one application, both partners must submit consent forms.
- The consent form(s) and payment (cheque only, payable to South Fraser Regional Science Fair) must be mailed postmarked no later than March 15, 2019, to:
South Fraser Regional Science Fair
c/o SFU Faculty of Science
250-13450 102nd Avenue
Surrey, BC V3T 0A3
A postal outlet will date stamp a piece of mail with today’s date upon request.
- The online application form will be available via the link above from January 7 until 11:59 p.m. on March 14, 2019.
- You will need the following information to complete your online application:
- Name, grade, age, gender, complete home address and email for each student.
- Name of teacher, full school name, and school phone number and fax number.
- Project details including title, type and category. See the CWSF Project Classification for information about type and category.
- A text-only abstract/summary of your project (at least 200 but no more that 500 words), for cutting-and-pasting into the online application form. This abstract is very important for judging purposes. Applications without a summary can be disqualified.
- The registration fee is $50 per student. A two-person project requires $100. Cheques only, no cash will be accepted. Cheques should be made payable to the South Fraser Regional Science Fair. No post-dated cheques will be accepted.
- T-shirts can be ordered during the online application process. Each costs $12 payable by cheque to theSouth Fraser Regional Science Fair. Please note T-shirt size(s) in the memo section of the cheque. Sizes should also be noted in the online application form.
- If your project is accepted, you will be notified by email by March 25, 2019. An information package for students whose projects are accepted will be available for download from the SFRSF home page.
- Applications not accepted will have their payment(s) returned via the sponsoring teacher.
- Acceptance to participate in the South Fraser Regional Science Fair is at the sole discretion of the SFRSF Committee. Once the link to the list of “confirmed participants” is posted on the website, no refund will be made if you withdraw.